For details and recent work, see the current vita.
- Working Group co-organizer, SEAD 5-year Update including representatives of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine; American Association for the Advancement of Science; National Science Foundation; National Science Teachers Association; National Endowment for the Arts; National Endowment for the Humanities; and Small Business Administration (with Roger Malina, Robert Thill, Carol LaFayette). Washington DC, 2016.
- Educational and Professional Practices session co-organizer, Cultivating an Ecology of Networked Knowledge and Innovation through Collaborations among Sciences, Engineering, Arts, and Design (with Roger Malina, Robert Thill, Carol LaFayette). College Art Association, Washington DC, 2016.
- Workshop co-organizer, Connecting Cities and Campuses (with Jason Pace, Center for Serious Play). Innovation Forum: Engaging Design, University of Washington, Bothell, 2013.
- Co-PI / Workshop host, Network for Sciences, Engineering, Arts & Design, US National Science Foundation Workshop, University of North Carolina / Center for Design Innovation, 2011
- Host co-organizer, Design, Art & Technology Symposium, Winston-Salem NC, 2010
- Workshop co-organizer, Transformation of the Triad, Design, Art & Technology Symposium (with Jerald Leimenstoll, Jerry Linn, Robert Powell), UNC-Greensboro 2008, High Point University 2009
- Instigator, organizer, Idea Exchange, Center for Design Innovation, 2007-2013
- Symposium lead organizer, "Information and Communication Technologies" and
Education: Incremental Progress or Fundamental Change?, Media Lab Europe, 2004 (with Seymour Papert, MIT Professor Emeritus). Held in conjunction with the EU Presidency conference, New Futures for Learning in the Digital Age.
- Related papers:
- Web site:
- Moderator, Critical Praxis for the Emerging Culture: Symposium for Technology, Media, Design, Art and Theory, Washington University in St. Louis, 2004
- Forum co-organizer, Conversing with Materials, Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study at Harvard University, 2001-2003 (with Sarah Kuhn, 2001-02 Bunting Fellow / University of MA - Lowell)
- Forum organizer, Changing Notions of Authorship and Control and their Influence on the Design of Computer Systems and Applications, MERL, 1993